The Teams and Players Gooners Hate the Most by Max Baker
It is a question that is often debated by Arsenal fans across the globe, which clubs and players do you dislike the most? I have put together my top 5 most hated in each category.
1. Tottenham- It isn’t really a surprise that Spurs are number one. Personally, it isn’t actually the club itself I have much of a problem with it is mostly their delusional and incredibly annoying fan base. The worst part about Spurs fans is that most of us have friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even relatives that support Tottenham and no matter what they always have excuses as to why they lost and why they’re better than us even though they never finish higher.
2. Manchester City- Not one of our traditional rivals but they epitomize everything wrong with football. An average at best club who were simply bought by an embarrassingly rich family and now they’re competitive. They also have the worst fans in the Premiership, before they were bought by Abu Dhabi the City of Manchester Stadium was only about 70% full and now it’s packed every week but still all of the noise in the ground is generated by the away supporters section. I also will never forgive them for signing Kolo Toure as he was one of my favorite Arsenal players growing up.
3. Chelsea- Similar to Man City but not as extreme. Chelsea were competitive before being purchased by ,alleged, mafia boss Roman Abramovich but they do have an impressive track record of reckless and unnecessary spending that has led them to all of their trophies they have won in recent years. They hop above Manchester United in my book because they’re also in London.
4. Manchester United- They aren’t even a real football club. Man United is a giant corporation that couldn’t care less about fans or the game itself. All they care about is making money off of Asians and Americans. They constantly buy the best players and buy championships but their arrogant fans (none of them from anywhere near Manchester) still brag about it.
5. Liverpool- The most delusional fans in the world. Liverpool supporters constantly live in the past, are never realistic, and always have something to complain about. I am also a firm believer that you shouldn’t be spending your government assistance money on football tickets.
1. Martin Taylor- I blame this thug entirely for Arsenal not winning the Premier League in 2007/2008. Taylor broke Eduardo’s leg in a devastating 2-2 draw that Arsenal never really recovered from psychologically.
2. Ashley Cole- Cole went from fan favorite at Arsenal to one of the most hated players in our club’s history. Cole committed the ultimate act of treason leaving Arsenal for Chelsea before the 2006/2007 season.
3. Emmanuel Adebayor- Another person who puts money before loyalty. Adebayor left Arsenal to sit on Manchester City’s bench just months after kissing the Arsenal crest on his shirt and betrayed us even more with his celebration after scoring against the Gunners in his first game against us.
4. William Gallas- Gallas was an excellent player but a dressing room disaster for Arsenal. According to reports Gallas was often is fights with his Arsenal teammates and Samir Nasri revealed that he and 5 or 6 other players weren’t on speaking terms with the Frenchman. Gallas solidified his place on this list after moving to Tottenham a year ago.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo- I don’t really have an Arsenal related reason to hate the guy but I hate diving and he just has that kind of face that you really want to punch.
Alright Gooners it’s your turn. Who is on your most hated list? Let us know in the comments section and on Twitter @justarsenal and @MaxBakerDFW